Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Welcome Emma Marie Abell






Our beautiful baby girl is here. I know you have all being anxiously waiting to know her name. We named her after my dad's mom "Emma" and "Marie" is a combination of my grandmother (Margaret) and Jason's Mammaw (Mary). Plus my aunt Donna's middle name is Marie and she is my Godmother and second mom. Anyway, we finally came up with "Emma Marie Abell." She was 8 lbs. 8.5 oz., 20 in. long with a head full of hair. She was born at 9:30 Friday morning and we were a little worried at first. Everything went great with the cesarian, but when I was waiting for her in recovery Jason came and told me that they were doing a chest X-ray because they thought she had fluid on her lungs. The X-ray showed some fluid that they cleared quickly and possible enlarged heart. My pediatrician felt like it was just a shadow, but wanted to take extra precautions so they ran more tests on her and kept her hooked-up to a heart monitor. She was right, everything was normal, but it was 3:00 Friday afternoon before I got to hold her since I couldn't walk to the neonatal ICU because of the anesthesia. They wheeled me down Friday afternoon, let me hold her and feed her for the first time. Then they finally let her come to my room Friday evening at 8:00, which is when Brady go to meet her. He wasn't really too interested in her at first. He was very excited to see me and was worried about the IV, cords, phone and everything else going on in my room. He was actually really good for Kelly on Friday and that night at my parents house. It was an eventful first day for Emma Marie, but we were very excited!

No comments: